Friday, March 5, 2010

The Friday 56: Vinyl Cafe Diaries

The Friday 56 is hosted by Tonya at Story Time With Tonya and Friends. To join in, follow these rules:

Rules:
- Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
- Turn to page 56.
- Find the fifth sentence.
- Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of this blog.

- Post a link along with your post back to Tonya's blog.
- Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the closest!

Book: Vinyl Cafe Diaries by Stuart McLean
Genre: Fiction (short stories)

"Dave's dad never cared much about the cars he drove, though in his later years he grew to care more and more about the odometers. After he retired, Charlie used to carefully note the mileage of every trip he took."

8 comments:

Jennifer Oberth said...

Makes me wonder what happened to Charlie to do that!

My Friday 56 is here.

Tales of Whimsy said...

Sounds interesting! :)

Here is mine:)

Suzanne said...

I have to disagree, noting mileage sounds fairly boring! hehehe

Patricia said...

haha, that's quite...ordinary :P

Emidy @ Une Parole said...

Yeah, not the most mind-blowing excerpt. But those are the 5th and 6th sentences on page 56!

Sara said...

Ooh I've never heard of this before, but it sounds interesting.

Kathy Martin said...

I haven't heard of this book before. I can only hope that the rest of it is more exciting. BTW, I should check the odometer on my car one of these days.

My Friday 56 is here.

Bobbie said...

I have never heard of this book but it does look interesting:) Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am following you and look forward to more of your great posts!
http://tilwereadagain.blogspot.com