Sunday, March 28, 2010

In My Mailbox (5)

Hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren, In My Mailbox is where you share the recent books you've bought/received/taken out from the library.
I literally just came back from the good ol' library with some new finds that I'm dying to read. Here's what I got today:

The Beach House by Jane Green: Nan is a free spirit you couldn't care less what people think. But when her neighbors are away, she decides to rent out the rooms in their house to make a bit of extra cash. Slowly people start to fill the home with noice, laughter and tears. But as the house comes alive again, an unexpected visitor turns all their lives upside down.

(I've read on many blogs that Jane Green is supposed to be a great author, so I'm excited to see what I think of her. Can't wait to start this one!)

The Sisterhood by Emily Barr: I've always felt something was missing. And then I found out I had a sister I never knew existed. I had to meet her. My plan was to get to know her before telling her our secret. But this isn't how I imagined it. I don't feel in control any more. Liz has been looking at me strangely, asking awkward questions. Does she suspect something?

(I can't seem to find a summary of this book anywhere, but that little blurb on the back cover really caught my attention. I'm very curious as to what this book is about. It sounds intriguing!)

The Proof is in the Pudding by Melinda Wells: Della's agreed to be on the panel for the Celebrity Cook-Off Charity Gala. But before the judges have a chance to sample the delights, food columnist and gold-digging playboy Keith Ingram is found dead. And one of Della's closest friends, LAPD Lieutenant John O' Hara, is the prime suspect!

(I love this cozy mystery series! I've read the previous two books and am so happy I found this sitting on the shelves.)

Those are my finds for this week, which should keep me occupied for a while! Once I'm done with The Postmistress I'll start on this pile. What did you get? Leave a link in the comments and I'll come visit you!

3 comments:

Athira said...

Great books!! The Sisterhood looks interesting, it's cover is great too!

Tales of Whimsy said...

You know I'm itching to know about book 3 :)

My Book Barn said...

Wow, looks like you got some good books! Happy reading!

http://mybookbarn.blogspot.com/2010/03/mailbox-monday.html