Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays (22)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
- Grab your current read
- Open to a random page
- Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
Be careful not to include spoilers!
- Share the title and author, too.


Mister Pip by
Lloyd Jones

"You cannot pretend to read a good book. Your eyes will give you away. So will your breathing. A person entranced by a book simply forgets to breathe. The house can catch alight and a reader deep in a book will not look up until the wallpaper is in flames."


I haven't reached the part in the book that this quote is from, but it's on the back cover. I loved it so much that I had to use it for this week's teaser!

15 comments:

Darlyn said...

I sometime forget to breat if i'm reading suspense or thrillers!LOL

Adriana said...

I love it! I tend to do that at times when I get really into a book. Looking forward to seeing what this one's about.

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

Too true!!

Here is mine

B said...

Great quote! Very true.

Gina said...

That's so true, it's scary! Really, I love it when things like this are worked into novels, it adds another aspect to which readers can relate. Thanks for sharing...and happy reading! ^_^

A Book Adventure said...

I love these lines, book must be amazing :)

Christina T said...

That is a fantastic teaser! My grandmother used to read while she was cooking and her pots would overflow but she'd be so engrossed in her book that she had no idea. Mister Pip sounds like a really good book. Hope you enjoy it.

Emidy @ Une Parole said...

Darlyn - Haha! I feel the same way. Some of those book are just too exciting.

Adriana - I'm sure I do, too! Sometimes people are talking to me and I don't even hear them if I'm reading a good book.

Brooke - It is! Thanks for visiting. I'll check out your post.

Brenna - I know, I love it! And it's so true.

GMR - Exactly! Actually, the book is about a group of kids who are reading Great Expectations by Dickens, so this book is filled with quotes like that.

A Book Adventure - It's a pretty good book so far, yes!

Christina - Thank you, I am enjoying it! Haha, I can see that happening to me. I feel so unaware when I read sometimes!

Tales of Whimsy said...

AMEN!
So true!

Here is my Teaser Tuesday :)

Emidy @ Une Parole said...

Juju - I agree, I agree!

Ana S. said...

I've been meaning to read this for ages! And I love that quote :)

Emidy @ Une Parole said...

Nymeth - Oh, really? You should pick it up! It's really good. I love the quote, too!

Jenny said...

That's a fantastic quote and so very very true. Thanks for sharing!

Shantal said...

Aww I love this quote! so true!. Great teaser! :D

Emidy @ Une Parole said...

Jenny - Yep, I adore it!

Shantal - So do I! It is true.